Cox Library Catalog
Call Numbers Presentation
Start by watching the presentation about our order in the library. This video will explain how we organize our books.
Dewey Decimal Practice
Try your hand at shelving books by clicking on the link:
The Big 6
The Big6 Research Process
Step 1: Task Definition
- What do you want to know?
- What do your teachers want you to know?
Step 2: Information Seeking Strategies
- What are some resources that you can use to answer your questions?
Step 3: Location and Access
- Where can I find these resources?
Step 4: Use of Information
- Read, listen, and view information
- Write notes/facts to answer your questions
- DO NOT COPY! (Remember the rule of 3!)
Step 5: Synthesis
- In what format do I want to put my final information?
- How will I organize my information?
Step 6: Evaluation
- Did you finish your project?
- Did you answer all your questions?
- Is your final product quality work?
- Did you cite all your sources?
- Was your research process successful?
- HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE FOR NEXT TIME?