Summer Reading Ideas
Was this summer reading guide helpful?
#bookaday Summer Reading Challenge
Want to avoid the "summer slide"?
Join Mrs. Liptak in the #bookaday Reading Challenge!
Here's what you do:
- You set your own start date and end date.
- Read one book per day for each day of summer vacation. This is an average, so if you read three books in one day and none the next two, it still counts.
- Any book qualifies including picture books, chapter books, nonfiction, biographies, graphic novels, poetry, or even audio books.
- Keep a list of the books you read and share them with others. Better yet, keep the list and show it to Mrs. Liptak at the start of next year!
- If you need another Kinder-2nd grade brochure, click here for English or for Spanish.
- If you need another 3rd-5th grade brochure, click here for English or for Spanish.
Want to know what Mrs. Liptak has been reading so far? Click here!
Also, don't forget to come hang out and read with Mrs. LIptak!
- Wednesday, June 28 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11 am (then stay for The Very Fairy Princess storytime at 11 am)
- Saturday, July 1 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for Be Quiet storytime at 11 am)
- Sunday, July 9 at Half Price Books at 1890 Ranch from 2-3pm (then stay for storytime from 3-4 pm)
- Saturday, July 15 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for Pig the Pug storytime at 11 am)
- Saturday, July 22 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for What To Do With a Problem storytime at 11 am)
- Saturday, July 29 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for Superheroes storytime at 11 am)
Summer Reading Incentives
Check out these cool 2017 Summer Reading Programs!
Scholastic Read for the World Record: Students sign up under Bagdad Elementary, and log in their minutes daily or weekly to win virtual prizes. Student can also write their own original stories and win signed books! Enter the summer sweepstakes and win cool prizes from KLUTZ. Last year's World Record was 304,749,681 minutes! Let's work together to add minutes for Bagdad Elementary and help to beat the record! Want more info? Click here!
Barnes & Noble: Students can participate in our Summer Reading Program and get to pick a free book after reading 8 books! Want more info, click here! Summer Reading Journal in English. Diario de lectura de verano en Español.
Half Price Books: Join Half Price books in the "Feed your Brain Summer Reading" program. Students set goals to read at least 15 minutes per day. Have your parents sign your reading log at the end of each week. Once you've read 300 minutes, turn in your reading log to receive HPB $5 Bookworm Bucks! Want more info? Click here!
HEBuddy: HEBuddy is asking students to read 10 books & get parent initials. Send your reading log in & wait for a surprise! Want more info? Click here!
Pizza Hut Book It Summer Reading Challenge: Have fun reading with cool activities, exciting games, and boo lists! Want to learn more? Click here!
Leander Public Library: Have fun with performers, movies, and dangerous clubs for girls and boys! Plus, hours of reading and storytime of course! Want more info on how to earn prizes for reading this summer? Click here!
Cedar Park Public Library: Kids, teens, and yes even adults can participate in the "On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!" Summer Reading Program. Want more info? Click here!
Round Rock Public Library: Kids of all ages can participate in our summer "On Your Mark, Get Set, Read!" reading challenges! You can earn prizes, unlock badges and play games! Want more info? Click here!
Austin Public Library: Come to the library this summer to hear singing librarians, puppet shows, storytelling, movies, and participate in dance and arts-n-crafts classes! Want more info? Click here!