Find out the "Wonder of the Day" by clicking on the icon.
Children's Book-A-Day Almanac
Click on the image to get daily book recommendations & also learn interesting author information.
Mrs. C is Reading...
Welcome to the River Ridge Library!
2016-2017 Library Schedule
Our library is in the specials rotation, so students come to the library with their class every 6 days. Each day is a different color-red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
More information is coming soon!
How To Choose a Book
1. Don't judge by the cover alone.
2. Read the summary on the book.
3. Read the first paragraph in the book.
4. Find a favorite genre or book type.
5. Read a book series.
6. Choose a book by a well-known author.
7. Use the five-finger test.
8. Tell Mrs. Cunningham about some books you've enjoyed and ask for more suggestions.
9. Read a book that was made into a movie.
10. Ask your friends and teacher for suggestions.
11. Check the "New Arrivals" for more suggestions.
Library Checkout Policy:
K = TWO books
1st - 5th grade = FOUR books
Lost Book Policy:
An email or letter will be sent home letting the student's parent know of any lost library books. The library staff will attempt to contact parents directly if the child's lost book is not found or paid for promptly. The lost book will count as one book checked out and therefore limit the number of books the child may select.
Late Book/Fine Policy:
We do NOT charge fines for late books.