#bookaday Summer Reading Challenge
Want to avoid the "summer slide"?
Join Mrs. Brymer in the #bookaday Reading Challenge!
Here's what you do:
- You set your own start date and end date.(I am starting June1!)
- Read one book per day for each day of summer vacation. This is an average, so if you read three books in one day and none the next two, it still counts.
- Any book qualifies including picture books, chapter books, nonfiction, biographies, graphic novels, poetry, or even audio books.
- Keep a list of the books you read and share them with others. Better yet, keep the list and show it to Mrs. Brymer at the start of next year!
- You can access your Google account and keep your list there!
Follow along throughout the summer as Mrs. Brymer shares videos about the books she is reading here! (You might just see me reading to baby Amelia!)
Find out the "Wonder of the Day" by clicking on the icon.
Forgot how to look up a book? Need a little help? Watch this video!
LISD Library Mission
Our mission is to lead our school communities by fostering literacy in an enviroment that challenges students to imagine possibilities, explore opportunities and connect with the future and the world.
We are excited to announce the arrival of Overdrive, a software that allows you to download eBooks and audiobooks onto any type of mobile device!
WHO: At this time, we will be providing logins only for students and faculty.
WHEN: The Leander ISD Digital Library (Overdrive) is now available! There are books for all grade levels, including picture books. Students use their regular school computer login and password to access Overdrive.
WHERE: To access Overdrive, go to Reagan's library webpage, and click on the link for "Online Books" or go to http://digitallibrary.leanderisd.org
HOW MANY: Patrons can check out up to 2 books for a 2 week period. EBooks will automatically return after 2 weeks, but students can turn them in earlier if they finish reading.
More Helpful Links:
If you like this book, then you might like.......
Children's Book-A-Day Almanac
Click on the image to get daily book recommendations & also learn interesting author information.