#bookaday Summer Reading Challenge
Want to avoid the "summer slide"?
Join Mrs. Liptak in the #bookaday Reading Challenge!
Here's what you do:
- You set your own start date and end date.
- Read one book per day for each day of summer vacation. This is an average, so if you read three books in one day and none the next two, it still counts.
- Any book qualifies including picture books, chapter books, nonfiction, biographies, graphic novels, poetry, or even audio books.
- Keep a list of the books you read and share them with others. Better yet, keep the list and show it to Mrs. Liptak at the start of next year!
- If you need another Kinder-2nd grade brochure, click here for English or for Spanish.
- If you need another 3rd-5th grade brochure, click here for English or for Spanish.
Want to know what Mrs. Liptak has been reading so far? Click here!
Also, don't forget to come hang out and read with Mrs. LIptak!
- Wednesday, June 28 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11 am (then stay for The Very Fairy Princess storytime at 11 am)
- Saturday, July 1 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for Be Quiet storytime at 11 am)
- Sunday, July 9 at Half Price Books at 1890 Ranch from 2-3pm (then stay for storytime from 3-4 pm)
- Saturday, July 15 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for Pig the Pug storytime at 11 am)
- Saturday, July 22 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for What To Do With a Problem storytime at 11 am)
- Saturday, July 29 at Barnes & Noble at Lakeline Mall from 10-11am (then stay for Superheroes storytime at 11 am)
It's a great time to check out the fantastic books on Overdrive!
WHAT: Overdrive is a software that allows you to download eBooks, audiobooks, and read-along books onto any type of mobile device!
WHERE: To access Overdrive, go to Bagdad's library webpage, and click on the link for "Online Books" or go to http://digitallibrary.leanderisd.org
HOW MANY: Patrons can check out up to 2 books for a 2 week period. EBooks will automatically return after 2 weeks, but students can turn them in earlier if they finish reading.
HOW DOES IT WORK: Click here for a video demonstration of this great resource!
- Quick "How To Video"
- Video Tutorial on Downloading APP for IPAD/IPHONE/IPOD
- Device Information & Resource Center
- Digital Book Tour
- Device Tutorial on Using Overdrive
- Downloading an eBook